A Study of ATI-501 Oral Suspension for the Treatment of Alopecia Areata, Alopecia Totalis or Alopecia Universalis
A clinical research study is currently looking for adults with alopecia areata (bald patches on the scalp) to participate in a study of a liquid investigational drug. The purpose of this study is to evaluate the safety, tolerability and effectiveness of three strengths of a liquid investigational drug, ATI-501, or placebo when taken by mouth twice-a-day over 24 weeks for your hair loss.
You may qualify to participate if you:
- Are at least 18 years old
- Have hair loss on the scalp due to AA
- Have been experiencing the current episode of AA for at least 6 months and no more than 12 years
- Have at least 30% to 95% total scalp hair loss
- Are willing to stop any current prohibited treatments for your scalp hair loss
- Are willing to attend regular study visits (up to 10 visits, 2-4 weeks apart) involving lab tests, electrocardiograms, questionnaires, and other study procedures for the duration of the study (up to 32 weeks)
For participants, all investigational drug, study-related tests and study-related doctor’s visits will be provided at no cost for the duration of the study. Participation is voluntary, and you may withdraw at any time participants may be reimbursed for reasonable travel expenses for study visits.