A Study of ATI-50002 Topical Solution for the Treatment of Alopecia Areata
A clinical research study is currently looking for adolescents and adults with alopecia areata (bald patches on the scalp) to participate in a study of a topical investigational medication. The purpose of this study is to evaluate the safety and effectiveness of two strengths of a topical investigational medication, ATI-50002, or placebo medication when applied to the bald patches on your scalp.
You may qualify to participate if you:
- are at least 12 years old;
- have patchy areas of hair loss on the scalp due to alopecia areata;
- have been experiencing patchy scalp hair loss for at least 6 months and no more than 12 years;
- are willing to stop any current prohibited treatments for your scalp hair loss;
- are willing to attend regular study visits (up to 11 visits, 1-4 weeks apart) involving lab tests, electrocardiograms, questionnaires, and other study procedures for the duration of the study (up to 28 weeks).
For participants, all investigational medication, study-related tests and study-related doctor’s visits will be provided at no cost for the duration of the study. Participation is voluntary, and you may withdraw at any time. Participants may be reimbursed for reasonable travel expenses for study visits.